Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

M.O.M. – this Mother’s Day brings and EXTRA SPECIAL appreciation for Momma Besch! As I’m sure you all can share in with me, almost loosing Mom has allowed me to appreciate her in a WHOLE new way. And beyond that, I hope that it has allowed you to take a step back and appreciate your Mom and your family the same way through our family’s story.

Being in S. Florida for Mother’s Day wasn’t ideal – but I am thankful to be on my way back to Minnesota in 6 days! I just can’t wait to give Mom a BIG hug and kiss (and the rest of the family, too!) I called her on my way to the early service this a.m. – to find her the ONLY one awake up in her chair – with the rest of the family still sleeping. She giggled when I asked where everyone else was (just like a little kid doing something she knows she not supposed to do). I think she misses that time alone in the morning she was so used to, but it’s just so important that we are there for her safety.
With such an early call, I’m proud to announce that I was the FIRST one to say Happy Mother’s Day to Mom!!! After church, a friend and I packed up to go to the beach (both without our Mom’s today!) but not without video calling home first! It was SO fun to see Mom opening her gifts real-time and Mom LOVED her Wii! I can’t wait to play her in bowling when I get home! It will be exciting to see how she does with it (as she has been using the Wii in some of her therapies). After Mom opened it she said, “That is very neat!” We all laughed and loved the full sentence she came up with!

After saying good-bye, we took off for the beach and the family took off to church. Mom, Vicki and Courtney had a mani & pedi appointment scheduled for this afternoon to enjoy together! They were then invited over to the McKelvie’s for Rick’s ribs and shrimp – yum! I spoke with Mom again tonight and asked her if she had a nice Mother’s Day and she said “Yep!” J
I just love that lady SO much! Dad told me that she continues to be a little more frustrated as her cognition is coming along faster than her speech. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to know what you want to say and not be able to get it out! Mom continues to work extremely hard in therapy and we continue to pray that she makes great strides in recovery every day!
So to ALL of you BEAUTIFUL Mother’s following along, we wish you a VERY HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!

Love,
Gordy, Lynn, Jessica & Courtney
Where have you seen God’s grace in your life today?