Sunday, August 28, 2011

DIVIDED WITHIN MYSELF

I am so thankful to be greeted with a bright and sunny day this morning! I am headed to church here shortly, but again just had to share my morning devo with you!

Divided Within Myself

The proof par excellence of the Christian who has experienced God's unbearable forgiveness and infinite patience is that he is able to be forgiving and patient with others. Whatever other gifts he may possess, this sign given by Jesus stamps his life as a being "in the Spirit."

Francis Macnutt has said: "If the Lord Jesus Christ has washed you in his own blood and forgiven you all your sins, how dare you refuse to forgive yourself?" Self-hatred is a sin. Anything that causes division in the Body of Christ is sinful. When I am divided within myself, when I am so preoccupied with my own sins, egocentricity, and moral failures that I can not hear the anguished cry of others, then I have subtly reestablished self as the center of my focus and concern. Biblically, that is idolatry.

Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Luke 6:36

...WOW! That is all I have to say!!!


Where have you seen God's grace in your life today?