Tuesday, October 25, 2011

DEFENSIVE POSTURES

Ragamuffin Daily:

Defensive Postures

I find myself threatened, challenged and exhilarated by Christ's freedom from human respect, his extraordinary independence, indomitable courage, and unparalleled authenticity. In preaching the gospel I have been graced to speak fearlessly in the knowledge and conviction that the Word of God must not be fettered, compromised, or watered down; but in my personal life, my fears and insecurities lead me voraciously to seek the approval of others, to assume a defensive posture when I am unjustly accused, to feel guilty over refusing any request, to doggedly live up to others' expectations, to be all things to all men in a way that would make the apostle Paul shudder.

~Manning

On the contrary, we speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please men, but God, who tests our hearts. 1 Thessalonians 2:4


Where have you seen God's grace in your life today?