Wednesday, January 2, 2013

NEW YEAR RESOLUTION 2013

 




Happy HAPPY New Year to all! As I continue to walk through the Bible, I have set a NEW resolution for 2013 and am excited to DIG IN!

I was praying for a devotional to walk through this year and a dear friend mentioned Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest. She highly recommended it and I placed it in the back of my mind as I continued to pray. While in northern Wisconsin for Christmas (what my Dad refers to as God’s CountryJ), my Aunt also mentioned the Chambers devotional to me. She shared that she learned that Charles Stanley (one of my favorites) recommends the book as having a significant effect on his life, second only to the Bible!

With that, my prayer was confirmed and I purchased the book and cracked it open to the foreword reading:

“With the exception of the Bible, no book has had as profound an effect on my life as My Utmost for His Highest. My wife introduced me to it before we were married, and it has been a part of my daily diet from the first reading. It was here that God impressed on my heart that precious truth essential to the life of every believer who truly desires to follow Christ: The most important aspect of the Christian life is our personal relationship with Christ…The volume is not a treasure to be admired but a message to be lived.” ~Charles F. Stanley

I have decided to blog through this devotional this year and invite you to join me! No set up, no expectation – just excited to see how God uses it to mold and shape me…my utmost for His highest!


~Jessica