Friday, July 1, 2011

BECAUSE HE LOVES US

I sure do have one amazing sister! She sent me this devo about a week ago and I just loved it! It is a MUST SHARE …
So, how do I know if I'm doing things because I'm loved or so that I will be loved? See how easy or hard it is to apply this Scripture:
"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." (1 Peter 5: 6-10 NIV)
Because I am loved, I can humble myself.
When I'm trying to be loved, I must build myself up to look better.
Because I am loved, I can cast all my anxiety on Him.
When I'm trying to be loved, I cast all my anxiety on my performance.
Because I am loved, I can resist Satan and stand firm in my faith.
When I'm trying to be loved, I listen to Satan and stand uncertain trying to rely on my feelings.
Because I am loved, I know God will use this to make me stronger - and I want that.
When I'm trying to be loved, I don't want to be made stronger - I want life to be easier.
Indeed, I want to pursue life, relationships, and the goals I set from a healthy and free vantage point — because I am loved.
I share this with you all as I am en route to Minneapolis! I can’t wait to land and spend the entire weekend with the family! Momma and crew…HERE I COME!
Love,
Jessica
Where have you seen God’s grace in your life today?