Thursday, July 14, 2011

PUTTING ON CHRIST

Reflections for Ragamuffins ~ 07.14.2011

PUTTING ON CHRIST

In the full acceptance of who he was, Jesus is the archetype of personality integration. When we "put on Christ" and fully accept who we are, a healthy independence from peer pressure, people pleasing, and human respect develops. Christ's preferences and values become our own. The Kingdom of God is built on earth when we do the will of our Father in heaven. We become "other Christs" through a life of Christian integrity. The same openness to feelings, simplicity of speech, intimacy with the Father, spirit of humble service, compassionate healing, suffering discipleship, and obedient love are wrought in us by the Paraclete and are precisely what Paul means by "new creation."

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I Live in the body, I live be faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. ~Galatians 2:20.