Sunday, March 6, 2011

PEACE:

I hope that you all are having a wonderful weekend :o) I wanted to mention that the prayer that was in the process of being answered nearly two months ago (with much patience) is in its end stages. It has to do with a career move – and I will know more in the next few weeks! THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all of your thoughts and prayers! I can’t wait to fill you in on all of the details.

Brennan Manning broke down peace this morning – and again God continues to meet me where I’m at! Here’s what he has to say to us Ragamuffins this morning”

The way to peace begins with accepting the truth of myself – the WHOLE truth. Any bit of me that I REFUSE to ACCEPT becomes the ENEMY. (Had to pause for a moment…WOW!) My struggle to cope with certain people has a simple explanation: THEY REPRESENT TO ME PRECISELY THOSE ELEMENTS THAT I HAVE REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT IN MYSELF. (I’m just going to be honest here – God totally ripped me a new one with this!!! I don’t know if any of your struggle with this – but this really woke me up today! Before you get to hard on yourself; make sure to read on…)

To accept the truth of my own brokenness is unbearable, if not impossible, without turning to Christ. If my vision of myself is not purified by the mercy and compassion of Jesus, I have to get dishonest, camouflage my warts, and present to you a self that is mostly admirable, fault free, and superficially happy.

For Meister Eckhart the equation “in Christ = in peace” is ALWAYS valid. When I accept the truth of myself, shipwrecked and saved, and give it over to the person of Jesus, I am in peace even if I don’t FEEL at peace. (such a beautiful reminder!) The peace that comes from God and surpasses all understanding (Phil. 4:7) was wrought by Christ on the cross and does not depend on my shifting feelings or moods.

The PEACE that comes through accepting the whole truth about myself is rooted in Christ “who has reconciled all things in himself, making peace through the blood of his cross.” The “Shalom” of Jesus is not a mere greeting but AN AUTHORITATIVE DECLARATION FROM THE SON OF GOD, a crucified word that produces the PEACE it proclaims.

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139: 23-24.

Great song to soak this all in with - just to sit for a moment and think about Peace:



THANKS BE TO GOD! Well, I must say I feel a lot lighter…and I hope you do, too! God is SO good! I love that he reminded us of Philippians 4:7. Through some tough storms the last few years a really turned to these verses (actually 6 & 7). I had them written on a note card and just could not get myself to throw it away!

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 4:6-7.

Wishing you PEACE today in a whole new way! Off to paint the LAST ROOM in my house with Momma Besch :o) Sure do LOVE that lady!

Where have you seen God’s grace in your life today?