Saturday, September 24, 2011

IN THE NEWS: GIVING THROUGH GROWING

As I opened the Saturday paper today, I found an wonderful little inspiring article about a midwestern woman overcoming a stroke and her love for giving & gardening. Needless to say, the topic hit close to home, and I had to dig in. After reading the touching article - I just HAD to clip and share with you!

A MUST READ:

...Then the unimaginable happened. In February 2009,   at 42, she suffered a stroke that left her unable to do her job.

   “I took a hard long look at my life and asked myself, ‘When was I the happiest?’ And it was during the time I was doing the Need to Feed full time.”

She also realized she needed the skills to transform the food she grew into “awesome dishes,” so she enrolled at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Miramar to train as a chef.
  
When Christ Church offered her space to plant, she began hunting for sponsors who would donate $150 toward a box garden. Friends and family members volunteered, as did Danny Kannell, a former New York Giants and Atlanta Falcons quarterback she had met through her nonprofit work.

Gardening in Florida was a challenge for a Midwesterner.






Where have you seen God's grace in your life today??