Friday, September 9, 2011

A WEIGHTY MATTER

Thank Goodness It's Friday! :o)

Happy Friday to all of you! After a busy few days in the office I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend. On my way home last night I was excited for another great Godly reminder...


I just never get sick of these beautiful rainbows. It is difficult to tell from the photo, but each color was so vivid!

AND - what a great night for a PACKER WIN to kick of the NFL season!!!




Here's something to chew on for today:

A Weighty Matter

Brennan Manning writes, "I suspect I am not alone here. The narcissistic obsession with weight watching in North America is a formidable ploy of the impostor. Despite the valid and important health factor, the amount of time and energy devoted to acquiring and maintaining a slender figure is staggering. No snack is unforeseen, no nibble spontaneous, no calorie uncharted, no strawberry left uncounted. Professional guidance is procured, books and periodicals scrutinized, health spas subsidized, and the merits of the protein diet debated on national television. What is spiritual ecstasy compared to the exquisite pleasure of looking like a model? To paraphrase Cardinal Wolsey, "Would that I had served my God the way I have watched my waistline!"

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:23


Where have you seen God's grace in your life today?