Saturday, September 3, 2011

KNOWING WHO WE ARE

I am SO very thankful for this beautiful day and a wonderful labor day weekend. I have some great projects to complete over this long weekend and am excited to get started...but was happy to start the day on the right foot with another great devo. I never get sick of these delicious reminders every morning.



Knowing Who We Are:

"Blessed are those who know that they are poor". We must know who we are. How difficult it is to be honest - to accept that I am unacceptable, to renounce self-justification, to give up my preposterous pretending that my paltry prayers, spiritual insights, knowledge of Scripture, and blustering successes in ministry have made me pleasing to God. No antecedent beauty enamors me in his eyes. I am lovable because he loves me. Period. The first step in liberation from self-hatred is to move from the darkness of self-delusion into the daylight of God's truth.

Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7.

Where have you seen God's grace in your life today?