Monday, November 28, 2011

DIRECTION

TRUST IN THE LORD with ALL your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in ALL your ways submit to Him, and He will direct your paths. - Proverbs 3:5-6.



I couldn't think of a better way to end a wonderful weekend home, then getting up early for church Sunday morning! ...okay, I lied...because after four days of non-stop activity I WAS EXHAUSTED! But, Momma insisted, and I am very glad we got ourselves there before I headed to the airport yesterday.

Eagle Brook Church is in the middle of a series entitled "INKED". They are highlighting biblical promises written in ink in God's word. We are reminded that promises from God are forever and will never change! How refreshing!

Yesterday's promise was a promise of direction. Pastor Bob highlighted Proverbs 3:5-6, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways submit to Him, and he will direct your paths.

He challenged us with this questions: "How much of my life will I TRULY turn over to God and will I trust Him with EVERY area of my life, or just parts of it?"

He then gave us three rocks to stand on:
  • Your greatest point of FEAR is where you need to TRUST the most.
  • My own UNDERSTANDING is often more WRONG than RIGHT.
  • When you SUBMIT every aspect of your life to God, then HE will DIRECT YOUR PATHS.
He further explained that TRUST is, in fact, the crossroads where FAITH meets FEAR. It seems that what we fear MOST in life is what we are challenged to FULLY submit to God. Bob really emphasized, "Your greatest point of fear is where you need to TRUST God the MOST!"

I know your deeds, that you're neither hot or cold. I wish you were one or the other. But because you are lukewarm - neither hot or cold - I'm about to spit you out of my mouth. - Revelation 3:15-16

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all, won't he also freely give us all things? - Romans 8:32

The service ended with all of us standing before God, our hands lifted with palms facing up and open to Him. We were led in a prayer to offer up to God what it is that we FEAR THE MOST and to FULLY SUBMIT it TO Him. I was reminded in such a sweet way what TRUST should feel like both on earth and for eternity in heaven.

Here is the link to the sermon if you want to watch: http://www.eaglebrookchurch.com/pages/page.asp?page_id=38656 (click watch now next to #2. Direction)

I am one thankful young lady to love a God who shows unending grace.

Where have you seen God's grace in your life today?