Thursday, November 17, 2011

NOWHERE

This mornings Ragamuffin devo was SO GOOD. As I've worked through my devotional this year, God continues to use my morning devo to meet me right where I'm at.  This morning really resonated with me...just a GREAT lesson! In fact, it is all about the central theme of this blog...being IN THE MOMENT!

Here it is:

The Geography of Nowhere

To live in "nowhere' - composed of the two words NOW and HERE - is to live in the temple of the present moment.  Paying attention to the gift that arrives right now, right here, is one of the premier skills of the spiritual life.

To live in the present means to trust deeply that what is most important in life is the here and now. We are constantly distracted by things that might have happened in the past or that might happen in the future. It is not easy to dwell in the temple of nowhere, to remain focused on the present. Our mind is hard to master and keeps pulling us away from engagement with the present.

When Jesus tells us to become like little children, he is inviting us to forget what lies behind and to forgo concern about the future. It is only now that we are in the presence of God.

"But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." ~Matthew 6:3-4.


I just LOVE this! I want to continue to be reminded of the gift of the HERE and NOW! Thanks be to God!

Where have you seen God's grace in your life today?