Saturday, December 3, 2011

DAY #2: CONVERSATION AT CHRISTMAS

One of my devotionals this week really resonated with me:
THIS SACRED SEASON
Once a year the Christmas season strikes both the sacred and secular spheres of life with sledgehammer force: suddenly Jesus Christ is everywhere.
For approximately one month his presence is inescapable. You may accept him or reject him, affirm him or deny him, but you cannot ignore him. Of course he is proclaimed in speech, song and symbol in all the Christian churches. But he rides every red-nosed reindeer, lurks behind every Cabbage Patch doll, resonates in the most desacralized “season’s greetings.”  Remotely or proximately, he is toasted in every cup of Christmas cheer. Each sprig of holly is a hint of his holiness, each cluster of mistletoe a sign he is here.
For those who claim his name, Christmas heralds this luminous truth: The God of Jesus Christ is our absolute future. Such is the deeply hopeful character of this sacred season. By God’s free doing in Bethlehem, NOTHING can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus. Light, life and love are on our side.
“The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” – which means, “God with us.” – Matthew 1:23
-          Brennan Manning, Reflections for Ragamuffins

I just LOVE that...NOTHING can separate us from the LOVE of God in Christ Jesus...NOTHING!!! And as a part of this undeniable Christmas season, I continue be thankful for what it all TRULY MEANS. We cannot deny that He is the reason for the season. And in this season I am truly thankful for His unquestionable GRACE; for me, for you and for Momma Besch!
CONVERSATION AT CHRISTMAS - DAY #2 PRAYER:
Dear Lord,
Not because of who I am, but because of what You’ve done. Not because of what I’ve done, but because of who you are. I continue to be so thankful for you. Thankful for the grace you show all of us, especially Mom!
Tonight, we continue to pray for her healing. We are so very appreciative for her joyfulness as she is diligent in her recovery, but tonight we pray specifically for her frustration.  I’m not sure how I would manage if my communication was taken away from me, but somehow I think she is doing a FAR BETTER job than I would. SO although she is OFTEN joyful, I truly pray for those points of frustration.
God, please continue to carry her through those times. Help her to see how precious she is to each one of us and please help her to see her hard work and progress hand-in-hand with you. Thank you for being the God who created all that is, yet cares about our details. We ask all of these things in your precious name.
Amen

Where have you seen God’s grace in your life today?