Saturday, December 3, 2011

DAY #3: CONVERSATION AT CHRISTMAS

I had an extremely busy day today, but was able to give Mom a buzz while making a run to Target. It’s not too often she has an off day, but today was one of them. Very interesting that it was on my heart to pray for her frustration (last post)!
Court then had a chat with Mom. She filled me in on their conversation:
Mom said, “I can’t say anything.”
Courtney said, “Yes you can, you just told me a whole sentence.” :o)
Mom was talking about how speech was difficult today with Courtney, which it was, and Courtney reassured Mom that some days are just tough. Courtney affirmed, “It doesn’t mean you are taking a step back, just having an off day.” This is something the Speech Therapists have told us is common from the beginning of her therapy.
Mom said, “Ok.”
Then Courtney said, “We’ll work tomorrow.”
Mom said, “Yes, I’ll wait ‘til tomorrow.”
All in all, a good conversation, even though Mom is having a difficult day.
As I thought about the prayer for Mom today, I remembered a book my Aunt gave to me (Jesus, Beth Moore) which opens with a beautiful prayer reminding myself, Mom and all of us that He is all we really NEED!
DAY #3 Prayer:
He is Jesus.
The One and Only.
Transcendent over all else.
To know Him is to love Him.
To love Him is to long for Him.
To long for Him is to finally reach
soul hands into the One true thing
we need never get enough of.
Jesus.
Take all you want.
Take all you need.
Till soul is fed.
And spirit freed.
Till dust is dust.
And Face you see.
Jesus Christ.
He’s all you need.
Amen.
I was once told that if Jesus is all you have, Jesus is all you need! Sometimes these storms in life allow us to see what it is we truly need. I strongly dislike seeing Mom’s frustration, but I am so thankful that she is showing emotion (another PRAISE) and also thankful that these “off” days have been few and far between. Courtney reminded me that she still has not cried yet.
Until tomorrow…
Where have you seen God’s grace in your life today?