Wednesday, December 14, 2011

DAY #13: CONVERSATION AT CHRISTMAS

I was totally humbled today by my devotional. All along I've been telling God what I am praying and how I am going to pray to him...today I learned (and will continue to learn) how to listen.

MAKING TIME TO LISTEN


It is one thing to know Jesus Christ loves us and another thing to realize it. In prayer we slow down to human tempo and make time to listen. In prayer we discover what we already have. You start from where you are and realize that you are already there. We already have everything, but many of us don't know it and therefore don't experience it. Everything has been given to us by the Father in Jesus. All we need now is to experience what we already posses. The most precious moments of prayer consist in letting ourselves be loved by the Lord.

During the Christmas season we don't have to seek after God in prayer. We could not seek him unless we had already found him. Abba, Jesus and the Spirit have been there all the time, and if we create the opportunity in prayer, God will make himself known to us. "We learn to pray," said the late Thomas Merton, "by praying."

May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice. Psalm 141:12

- Reflections for Ragamuffins; B.Manning.

... and so today I make time to listen. I sit in prayer all day and LISTEN to what God has to tell me about Mom and her healing.

CONVERSATION AT CHRISTMAS-DAY #13 PRAYER:

God,

Thank you for reminding me to take time to LISTEN to you. I open my eyes and my heart to what you have to share with me today.

Amen.


Where have you seen God's grace in your life today?