Thursday, December 15, 2011

DAY #15: CONVERSATION AT CHRISTMAS

I was blessed today and I am excited to share the story with you.
 A dear co-worker of mine, who I am happy to now call a friend, gave me a very sweet gift. This co-worker (from Eden Prairie, MN) came all the way to south Florida to meet me…funny how God works (or maybe not at all)! Elizabeth has been such a blessing to me as I have had the chance to get to know her over the past few weeks. We are actually going to spend some time together while we are both home in Minnesota over Christmas.
I know, I know…back to the gift!
First, the card. Remember yesterday’s message to be still? Well the beautiful card stated: God’s Blessings to You. This Christmas may you be blessed with the joy of His presence and the quiet peace of the season.
These past three days God is almost TANGIBLY telling me to SLOW DOWN. As I have been going, going, going these last few weeks (I know…surprise!) I am missing the whole point of the Christmas season. How can I enjoy it if I BLOW RIGHT THROUGH IT? The message of this card truly touched my heart.
“The Lord will bless His people with peace.” – Psalm 29:11.
Second, the gift.
1.       Delicious smelling citron shower gel with a beautiful cross necklace wrapped around it

a.       MEANING-Jesus died on the cross to wash us clean (how thoughtful!). The most important reminder this Christmas season!

2.       Earrings

a.       MEANING-We are royal daughters of the King! Remember how precious YOU are!

3.       5 Prayer Stones

a.       MEANING-A reminder of how to pray:
                                                               i.      1. Pray for friends and family
                                                             ii.      2. Pray for those who serve us (teachers, pastors, physicians)
                                                            iii.      3. Pray for those who lead us (integrity and wisdom of our government)
                                                           iv.      4. Pray for those who need us
                                                             v.      5. Pray for yourself!
I was absolutely floored by the thoughtfulness of this gift and very thankful for the timing! God continues to show up as I focus on listening. What a beautiful, beautiful thing!
CONVERSATION AT CHRISTMAS-DAY #15:
Heavenly Father,
Today, not only do I pray for Mom, but also her entire support system. I pray for Dad’s perseverance in his caretaking, Courtney in her persistence with speech therapy over Skype and ALL of our friends and family who continue to pray for and encourage Mom in her recovery.
Thank you, Lord, for all of those who have been a special part of Mom’s healing. I pray for every doctor, every nurse, every therapist and beyond who have served Mom and our family throughout her recovery. Lord, thank you also for the pastoral staff at Eagle Brook and the messages you continue to use to speak truth into our family.
God, I also thank you for this blog and for your message. You have provided this (and other avenues) to reach out to those who don’t know you. Thank you for using Mom’s story to show your saving grace!
Lastly, Lord, I pray for myself. I pray that you continue to use my life to share your story. That you continue to humble me and shine your bright light through me for all to see.
Amen.
Where have you seen God’s grace in your life today?