Monday, December 19, 2011

DAY #19: CONVERSATIONS AT CHRISTMAS

Well, after an action packed weekend, it’s time to make the most of these last few days prior to Christmas praying for Momma Besch. As I look back at the past weeks I have dedicated to praying diligently for Mom’s words to begin to flow, I am in awe of all God has taught me about prayer.

·         The importance of BEING STILL
·         Learning to LISTEN
·         JOY
·         Vulnerability
·         Love
·         Perseverance
·         Trust
·         Peace

I found a little gift in my inbox this morning from my very best friend. I am so thankful God gave me her, along with my father, to endure this storm together. Courtney’s gift in her email was another reminder of the posture of prayer. She found a great excerpt from her daily devotional on prayer.

Today’s gift:

Courtney mentioned, “One part stood out to me and I just wanted to share”…

"…He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in the will of God, mature and fully assured"-Colossians 4:12

"A prayer filled life is not necessarily a belief that God will do exactly what we ask for, but a trust that He will hear our desires and know what's best for us. A trust that He will lead, guide and direct us as we seek His will. I wholeheartedly rely on this assurance"

I feel God DAILY put me back into this posture and attitude of prayer. I fight between telling God what I selfishly want for Mom right now and my understanding that His timing is perfect. As I continue to wrestle with Mom’s healing process, I finally am beginning to understand that it is not my battle to work out. Instead, I rest in God’s plan for her life.  He already knew her life story before she was born and knows the journey she has ahead.

I also continually remind myself that He loves her far more than Dad, Courtney, myself and all of you …COMBINED.I picture myself as a Gumby doll and God the child playing with me. Just as I think I have it all figured out… God gently molds me back into the correct posture. And you know what; I’m completely open to that! He knows what is best for me and what is best for Mom.


CONVERSATION AT CHRISTMAS: DAY 19

Lord,

Thank you for your readjustments. Thank you for loving me enough to continually humble me and remind me that as much as I want the control, it’s not mine to take. Thank you for loving Mom far more then I could ever imagine and for holding our family through this Christmas season.

Today I am again reminded of what this season is all about. You came down to this earth to live the life we could not live and died for each and every one of your children so that we may have eternal life with YOU! May both the joys and the challenges in my life always bring me back to your feet!

To Him be ALL the glory!

Amen.

Where have you seen God’s grace in your life today?