Monday, January 24, 2011

CONTENTMENT:

I don’t know what could encompass a better SUNDAY then spending the whole day with great friends, a GREAT message at church, yummy sushi, A GB Packer W TO GO TO THE SUPERBOWL!!! Mini-freakout…(1998 was our last appearance…and it didn’t end well. 1997 was our last victory!), and a delicious homemade dinner to top off the evening!



As I was celebrating with my father on the phone after the game – I reminded him of our home phone message (you know the mini tape you actually recorded on the little machine) during the 1997 GB Superbowl game (btw – for those of you who don’t know, I grew up in Viking land).

“ Hello, you have reached the Packer residents, we are unable to come to the phone right now because we are watching the PACKERS win the Superbowl. We’ll call you back after they win!”

I also rehearsed a little dance with the sister in our green and gold to perform for the family at halftime! (We were crazy) I proudly wore my packer overalls and brought my cheesehead with me to school the next day. I know, HUGE DORK – but it was SO MUCH FUN! Man, am I ready for another shot at a SUPERBOWL VICTORY! (Too bad all of my GB gear and cheeseheads are still in MN!)

Well, back to the GREAT message at church. I was visiting Calvary Chapel and Pastor Bob did an excellent job outlining the message of being content. AND MAN did I need to hear this reminder. Funny how God’s timing is ALWAYS perfect! Actually, it’s not funny at all – from my previous posts you can probably tell – I needed it!

He asked three very thought provoking questions:

1.        Are you not happy with what you have?
·         Am I judging me by ME?
·         Can I be thankful for what I have?
·         Do I want what he wants me to have?
2.       Why do you want more?
·         God IS the “Good Gift Giver”
·         Do I believe that what I have is by his design?
·         Can I breathe? Am I thankful for my breath? (It’s so easy to forget the little things!)
3.        Do you need more of him?
·         Where is my focus?

So many great points to ponder!

Here is the link to Calvary’s website. Click on the top message: What'd ya get? Here: http://www.calvaryftl.org/AWMedia/archive/index.cfm

PRAISE GOD for a BLESSED SUNDAY!

Where have you seen God’s grace in your life today?

Also, remember to stay tuned for the first chapter of CRAZY LOVE – we will be starting this study tonight and I will be posting tomorrow morning on Chapter 1: Stop Praying.

Please check out this link (CRAZY LOVE) from last week for more details on the AWESOME book – and if you want to follow along – make sure to grab the book from the local bookstore! You won’t regret it – and it may just change your life!