Saturday, January 22, 2011

FACING THE GIANTS:

God really spoke to me this morning through my morning devo, Reflections for Ragamuffins.

True Poverty ~

Jesus, my Brother and Lord, I pray as I write these words for the grace to be truly poor before you, to recognize and accept my weakness and humanness, to forgo the indecent luxury of self-hatred, to celebrate your mercy and trust in your power when I'm at my weakest, to rely on your love no matter what I may do, to seek no escapes from my innate poverty, to accept loneliness when it comes instead of seeking substitutes, to live peacefully without clarity or assurance, to stop grandstanding and trying to get attention, to do the truth quietly without display, to let the dishonesties in my life fade away, to belong no more to myself, not to desert my post when I give the appearance of staying at it, to cling to my humanity, to accept the limitations and full responsibility of being a human being - really human and poor in Christ or Lord.

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

Lamentations 3: 25-26.

I also watched another great movie which piggy-backed off of this concept quite well! It also got me excited for the BIG game tomorrow! Here's a little taste:

  
God continues to be so GOOD and give me far more than I deserve! Thanks be to him!

Where have you seen God's grace in your life today?