Sunday, January 9, 2011

DO YOU HEAR HIS PROMPTING?:

Happy Sunday to all! Still learning so much down here in South Florida! I had a great time at church today being reminded that everything happens by the GRACE of God, through FAITH in Jesus Christ. God is JUST SO GOOD! I was also happy to celebrate a fabulous bride.to.be at a wedding shower with the bible study girls this evening! Additionally, I was fortunate to find a short bit of time to catch up with Mom and she shared with me how the service at church back in Minnesota today reminded her a lot of me and starting this very blog…so OF COURSE I had to check things out…and what can I say? Mom’s always right :o)

I was glad to grab a late flight home last Sunday and catch church with the fam up in Minnesota before I left. It was the perfect way to end an outstanding trip home. It actually was a very pleasant surprise, as the service really met me right where I was. I would venture to say the best explanation I’ve heard of the Holy Spirit. You should really check it out!!

I have included the link to the messages at Eaglebrook Church. When you click the link then click 'show details' under The Spirit and then click on 'Watch Now' next to Who is He?(REALLY GOOD…and even a pretty short service):



Short Summary: The Holy Spirit: Who is He?

There can be confusion around what exactly is the Holy Spirit. Some of the confusion comes from our church background. For some of us, the Holy Spirit wasn’t really talked about much. We might have mentioned his name during a creed we recited, but that was it. For others, the Holy Spirit was the focus of church life—everything revolved around the leading of the Spirit. For those who didn’t grow up going to church, they may be wondering who or what the Spirit is and why anyone should care. But the truth is, when we have a better understanding of the Holy Spirit, we will be better able to experience his work and power in our life.

3 FACTS ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT:
The Holy Spirit is a ______________
The Holy Spirit is _______________
The Holy Spirit _________________

GOOD STUFF!

FAST FORWARD TO TODAY~ I decided to watch the sermon from this morning at our church in MN this evening after the bridal shower. Pastor Bob Merritt continues the series on the Holy Spirit and as I watched I began to recognize a prompting I listened to (I suggest checking this one out,too!):

I have also included the link to this message at Eaglebrook Church. When you click the link below then click 'show details' under The Spirit and then click on 'Watch Now' next to How He Leads Us(ALSO REALLY GOOD!).


Short Summary: The Holy Spirit: How He Leads Us.

Have you EVER asked the HOLY SPIRIT to speak to you? How do you hear the Holy Spirit in a world where something is always on?


THE HOW TO:
  1. Become                      of the Spirit’s presence
    • “The Spirit lives with you and will be in you.” John 14:17
  2.             the Spirit to speak to you and lead you
    • “When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.” John 16:13
  3.                         a time and place to quiet your life
  4.                         to others – God speaks through others
    • “I advise you to live by the Spirit so that you won’t do what your sinful nature desires. The sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit desires what is contrary to the sinful nature. These two forces are constantly fighting each other and you are never totally free from this conflict.” Galatians 5:16
  5. Listen to his                             !
So to conclude these two parts of the series at Eaglebrook on the Holy Spirit, I really think that a big reason why I started this blog was in fact due to listening to His prompting! I am so thankful to continue hand and hand in this walk with God! Even if you don't have time to watch these sermon's now...I would recommend putting this post in your back pocket...and just maybe the next time you feel a nudge, you'll remember to pull it out!

I hope you all have had a wonderful first weekend of 2011! Where have you seen God’s grace in your life? Where might God be prompting/nudging you?