Saturday, January 15, 2011

TEACH ME TO NUMBER MY DAYS:

I had a FABULOUS FRIDAY (I hope you did,too)! For those of you who are aware of my cooking abilities…well you know I can make pizza…and that’s about it! While I was in MN and entertaining with the sister (gourmet cook of the family), she inspired me to try a few of her DELICIOUS recipes.

HENSE: Friday Night Roomie Dinner: Spinach Lasagna! What a perfect way to round out the week. I’m happy to report a successful dinner. To top off the evening a trip to get some froyo and a movie date with the roomie cozy at home. We had a great TIME together!


Thinking about my new year’s resolution (to be in the moment) REALLY has TIME on my mind. Both my sister and a friend had recommended a series at North Point Community Church in Atlanta, GA on TIME! So I decided to check it out. In the fist sermon of the series titled Your Days are Numbered, Pastor Andy challenges us to change our question of asking: What time is it? TO What am I doing with my time? This message was just the reminder I needed to reposition my perspective on time…and if you can make some TIME this weekend…I encourage you to take a look, too:

CLICK HERE:

Andy explains the story of Moses from Psalm 90: 1-12 and as a result challenges us to a prayer for the week:



Heavenly Father, TEACH ME to my number my days that I might GAIN a heart of WISDOM and fulfill YOUR purpose for my life.

LOVE IT!!!

This prayer reminded me of one of my current favorite songs, Blink by Revive.



SO I MUST ASK ANDY’S QUESTION AGAIN AS WE START OUR DAY:

What am I doing with my time?

Where have I seen God’s grace in my life today?