Sunday, January 30, 2011

A THOUGHT FOR SUNDAY:

OF COURSE – any day that I don’t need to wake up to an alarm – I seem to wake up at 6:30 am. I was all set to meet a friend this morning for church, but as I tossed and turned to fall back to sleep, I ended up thinking about the church I attended down in Ft. Lauderdale last year, and how much I missed Tullian Tchividjian’s sermons! He has a way of highlighting God’s grace like no other I’ve heard before! In my lack of success falling back asleep, I decided to check out his most current sermon. Great church, great message! You can check out Coral Ridge Presbyterian here (http://www.crpc.org/) if you are interested.

I am also VERY happy to report that I stumbled across Tullian’s blog, On Earth as it is in Heaven(Tullian's Blog HERE), where his most current post unpacked a fascinating response to an article in Christianity Today discussing obedience. Here’s a snip-bit of his thought:



…to startle this restraint-free culture with the gospel of free justification that the functional justifications of human approval, moral performance, sexual indulgence, or big bank accounts begin to lose their vice-like grip on human hearts and their emptiness is exposed in all its fraudulence. It sounds backward, but the path to holiness is through (not beyond) the grace of the gospel, because only undeserved grace can truly melt and transform the heart. The solution to restraint-free immorality is not morality. The solution to immorality is the free grace of God—grace so free that it will be (mis)heard by some as a license to sin with impunity. The route by which the New Testament exhorts radical obedience is not by tempering grace but by driving it home all the more deeply…
I encourage you to take a look at the ENTIRE post (http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tullian/2011/01/27/two-ways-to-realize-radical-obedience/). Tullian does a fabulous job of highlighting what really matters – GOD’s LOVE for US first and foremost! It just lights a fire under my love for the Lord and gets me excited to get up tomorrow and see what the Lord has for me!
Where have you seen God’s grace in your life today?