Monday, January 10, 2011

YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL:

I can’t tell you how great it is to be back into routine with our bible study. Monday nights just weren’t the same without it! I am SO thankful to be a part of such an awesome group of young ladies from all different walks of life – united by one commonality – the BEAUTIFUL love of Jesus Christ! (okay…and a few others, too :o)

Tonight we dug into end times – I know, heavy topic, but our fab leader did a wonderful job of outlining the timeline of Revelations and explaining the significance of how everything fits together. If you haven’t really studied the end times, I would REALLY suggest you to take a look, it MAY just change how you live your life. (I know it did for me!) And the amazing thing about the Word of God is that the more you read, the MORE there is to learn!

We read:

1 Corinthians 15: 50-55.

Mystery and Victory

I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:

“Death is swallowed up in victory.”
     “O death, where is your victory?”
          “O death, where is your sting?”

We had a great discussion full of ‘what ifs’ and many difficult questions that are hard to answer. Man, do we serve and AMAZING God! We were challenged to think about how different life on earth would look focused on living for eternal life. This really sat with me throughout the night and also reminded me of a great quote from one of Mark Driscoll’s sermons. He is a pastor up in Seattle, WA that I follow quite often at Mars Hill Church.

He said, “If you are a Christian, this life is as close to Hell as you will ever experience and if you are a non-Christian, this life is as close to Heaven as you will ever experience.”

This was a PRIORITY check for me. I tend to wake up in the morning for a different reason when I live with eternity in mind. I think again about that fabulous Grandma Besch ~ “Well done, good and faithful servant.” Matthew 25:21.

I celebrated this great study and reminder by listening to Phil Wickham’s, You’re Beautiful on my drive home. Sitting in that moment I truly was so thankful to serve such a Beautiful God!

I encourage you to take a moment and listen to YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL:



Where have you seen God’s grace in your life today? How would you live your life differently if eternal life was your top priority?