Tuesday, January 25, 2011

CRY OUT TO JESUS:

Although I have been learning so much through the tools in my life, and I’m happy to share with you, I don’t want to deny the fact that I am going through a very difficult season of my life. Just as I shared this weekend, the last few days have been extremely hard for me. God is REALLY working on me. He is bringing a lot of my CRUD to the surface. It’s difficult to face, isn’t fun and doesn’t feel good; but I am thankful for this season. I am facing myself in the mirror as God sees me and fighting through it.

I had a great conversation with my sister in the car on my way to work today. Tears rolling down, she prayed for me and I saw not only my pain, but how my pain was hurting her. It has ignited an even deeper part of me to fight through this loneliness. After she prayed for me and we said goodbye, God met me right where I was out as I cried out for Jesus.


There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus

When you’re lonely
And it feels like the whole world is falling on you
You just reach out, you just cry out to Jesus
Cry to Jesus

A friend lent me a stack full of great movies, and after a tough day, I decided to pop one in. The story of Elizabeth in, Though None Go With Me, was exactly what I needed. Through her life journey of trials, Elizabeth holds onto her commitment to Jesus Christ,

“Though none go with me,
I still will follow,
No turning back,
No turning back.”


I thank the Lord for fighting with me through today. His grace continues to pour out on little me.

Where have you seen God’s grace in your life today?