Saturday, January 8, 2011

GRACE FOR THE MOMENT:

It’s happening! I’m happy to report that I caught myself participating in the moment yesterday! I had an early morning meeting for work and with the gamble I always play between how far south to take 95 before crossing over to the turnpike (for the non-Floridians, they run parallel and have numerous accidents every rush-hour) it usually makes for a stressful morning drive. I have actually ground the imprint of my top teeth into my bottom teeth from stressful driving (among other things).

SO GET TO THE MOMENT ALREADY JESS! – okay…SO instead of BEING the car flying by cutting in and out of everyone on the road (I hope dad isn’t reading this!) I actually spent the drive chuckling at all the cars whizzing by me in my place. I found myself relaxed with just enough time to be a few minutes early for my meeting and daydreaming about God’s plan for my life.

I arrive at work and have ANOTHER grace moment! As I walk into the hospital I am greeted by Tom (everyone’s favorite security guard) who makes the day of all who walk into our hospital…but today was extra special. As I walked in I heard, “Clear the way, VIP coming through!” I said, Oh, Tom, sometimes you are just too much for me! He replied, “I’m not joking Jessica, I’ll print off the glossy 5x8’s and you just have to sit and sign!” What a great laugh! Tom was the perfect bridge between daydreaming in the car and entering my morning meeting.

I wanted to take a photo of him so you all could meet him, but he refused (how backwards is that from his request)…but I’ll continue to work on him!

SO I THOUGHT THAT MADE MY DAY, and it did, but after our meeting I walked back to my office to find another wonderful surprise!

Side Story: For the last year I have done a little devotional each morning out of a Grace for the Moment book my Grandma Besch gave to me. Alicemae Besch went to heaven August 9, 2009 and she was a living example of a Godly woman all of my life. She wrote a little note behind the front cover, as she always did, and I just treasure it!  Needless to say, I was having a difficult time purchasing a new devotional to guide me each morning.

As I walked into my office, sitting in front of my computer was this:



A new Grace for the Moment (for this year!!) I told my boss the story and she was so happy that God used her in such a special way in my life! They even look just the same!



Well, what can I say…for the first Friday of the year – 3 big moments in one day – and one thankful girl!!!

How was your first Friday of 2011? Where have you seen God’s grace in your life today?